The deadline for the submission of the annual tax return, which is on February 28th of this year for the previous year, is approaching. In continuation of this article we explain who are the taxpayers obliged to submit this report to the Tax administration on a DOH form.
Taxpayers obliged to submission of yearly income tax report are next categories of taxpayers:
- A taxpayer who acquires income from a self-employment activity and activities based on which income is determined and taxed as income from a self-employment activity on the basis of data from business books and records;
- A taxpayer who is a resident, for income from employment, which, according to a separate act, he or she acquires as a member of a ship crew in international voyage;
- A taxpayer, if the Tax Administration requested that he or she subsequently pay income tax.
The taxpayers listed above, shall report in the annual tax return all the realised taxable incomes, except for:
- income generated on a ship in international voyage if the same, pursuant to a special regulation, is not liable to tax;
- income which the Republic of Croatia, pursuant to international agreements, exempts from taxation; and
- Income which is considered final.
In this sense, income which is considered final is income that has its source in the receipts from: property and property rights (except the income which is determined on the basis of data from business books and records), capital, insurance, other income based on reimbursement of contributions, and other income based on the difference in the value of assets and the amount of funds with which they were acquired.
For taxpayers who are obliged to submit tax report and don´t do the same, Tax authority determines income tax on the basis of an evaluation. The same applies to taxpayers who submit annual report with inaccurate or incomplete data.
Taxpayers who don´t submit annual tax return are taxpayers who realize following types of income:
- Income from property and property rights (except income from property that is determined on the basis of data from business books and records);
- Income from capital;
- Income from insurance;
- Other income based on reimbursement of contributions;
- Other income based on the difference in the value of assets and the amount of funds with which they were acquired;
- Income which is taxed in a taxation period in a flat-rate amount.
The annual tax return shall not be submitted by taxpayers to whom a special procedure for determining annual tax is applied.